What steps does Latitude take to protect my account?
At Latitude we are committed to keeping our customers safe and secure by utilising some of the best processes and technology available. Here are some of the ways we help keep you safe and secure:
– Our fraud management system identifies unusual activity on your credit card, If a suspicious transaction is detected, our card security experts are alerted so they can take any necessary action.
Protection against ID theft
– All customer applications are screened for potential ID theft. We will proactively alert you in the event we suspect fraud has taken place using your personal details.
Skilled Fraud Solutions Team
– In the unfortunate event of a fraudulent transaction on your account, our Fraud Solutions Team will work with you to resolve the matter as quickly as possible.
Online Fraud Protection for your Credit Cards
– Latitude utilises an additional layer of security on all our VISA products that verifies your online purchases in real time. This verification helps to reduce credit card fraud and unauthorised credit card use.
Fraud money back guarantee
– Latitude also offers a money back guarantee for fraudulent transactions, so if there’s a fraudulent transaction on your account, you will not be held liable if you have not contributed to the loss and notified us promptly of the theft, loss or misuse of your card/account. You also need to have abided by the Conditions of Use (COU) of your account.
Keep your PIN secure
Anyone who discovers your PIN could use your credit card therefore it’s important that you protect it and not share it with anyone. For added security and convenience, you can change your PIN whenever you want by phone. Please see the contact us page.
When selecting your PIN, please keep in mind these simple hints to ensure people won’t be able to easily guess your PIN.
- Select a PIN that’s easily remembered only to you, without needing to write it down.
- Don't select a PIN that uses your birth date.
- Don’t use a code that is a recognisable part of your name or address.
- Don't select a PIN which has sequential numbers, e.g. '1234' or where all numbers are the same, e.g. '1111'.
- Don’t write down or record your PIN or PIN change reference number.
- Don’t save your PIN to a mobile phone, computer, organiser or other device.
- Don’t write down or record a disguised PIN, for example, by reversing the numbers.
- If your card or PIN is lost or stolen, please notify us immediately.
Data Encryption on our websites
Whenever personal information is captured on our website we use a high level of security to protect it. These security levels are standard for internet banking and large scale e-commerce sites and involve the use of 128-bit encryption. You can check the security level of a web page by clicking on your internet browser's padlock or key icon. Encryption is the standard way of protecting your information as it is transmitted between you and us. This involves converting the information into an unreadable code using a "key" (and also de-coding it using this "key"). The longer the key, the more difficult it is for others to break the encrypted code.
Automatic Session Timeouts for the application
All active sessions in the system will time out if there is no activity, the system is designed in this way to protect your information and identity when accessing your information via a shared or public computer.