Protecting you from fraud
To keep our customers safe and secure, we utilise some of the best processes and technology available. Here are a few of the ways we keep you safe and secure.
Our fraud management system can identify unusual activity on your credit card. If a suspicious transaction is detected, our fraud experts will be alerted so they can take appropriate action.
Protection against ID theft
All customer applications are screened for potential ID theft. We will proactively contact you in the event we suspect fraud has taken place using your personal details.
Specialised Fraud Solutions Team
In the unfortunate event of a fraudulent transaction on your account, our Fraud Solutions team will work with you to resolve the matter as quickly as possible.
Immediate fraud contact systems
If we detect a possible fraudulent transaction on your account, we may confirm the transaction with you by SMS or phone, giving you an added level of security against fraudulent transactions.
Online Account Security
Mobile App Security
- Our mobile app enables you to use Face ID or fingerprint to login for an extra layer of security.
- We may ask you for further verification when you perform certain activities such as entering a SMS code.
- We keep our mobile app security up to date. Turn on automatic updates to make sure you always have the latest version available.
Online Service Centre Security
- We'll automatically log you out of your account if there's been no activity for a certain period of time. It's designed to protect your information and identity.
- When registering your account or completing specific actions, we send a verification SMS to the mobile number associated with your account.
- We ask you to set up a secure login by creating a username, password, and security questions and answers in case you need to reset your password.
- After several unsuccessful login attempts, we'll temporarily suspend or lock your online account.
To protect your personal information, this is who you need to contact if you're concerned about your online security.
Report a Scam
Received a suspicious email or text message?
- If you believe you've received a Gem branded scam, please forward the email or a screenshot of the text message to email@example.com and then delete the message.
- Please note that while we monitor this inbox, we aren't able to respond to individual emails. You'll receive an automated response to let you know that we are looking into it.
- If you've responded to or actioned a suspicious email or message, it's possible your security has been compromised. Please contact us immediately.
Report a Suspicious Transaction
Seeing some suspicious activity on your account?
If you believe there's fraudulent activity on your account, contact us immediately so we can make sure your account is secure.
If you're concerned about a transaction or charge appearing on your account that may not be yours, you can raise a dispute and we will investigate it.
Report a Lost or Stolen Card
Have a lost, stolen, or damaged card?
Don't panic, you can cancel the card and we'll send you a new one.
Just let us know using the mobile app, Latitude Service Centre or via our online form.
For more information on how to report a lost, stolen or damaged card, please visit here.