What makes Gem Visa different?
6 months interest free1
Spend $250 or more,1 anywhere Visa is accepted. Use it instore, online and worldwide.
Ready, set, tap
Instant cardless payment feature where you can apply, and once approved, start shopping within minutes, on spend up to $80.
Gem Visa deals
We've joined with some of New Zealand's leading brands so you can enjoy long term interest free deals.2 Find out more here.
Rates, Fees & Conditions Of Use
How to apply
- Apply online
Check your eligibility and apply online.
- Wait a minute
60 seconds is all it takes for us to respond to your application. If we require further details, the response may take up to 5 business days.
- Ready, set, shop
Once approved, start shopping within minutes on spend up to $80, with our instant cardless payment feature.
- Be 18 years or over
- Be a permanent resident of New Zealand
- Passport or Driver's License
- Income and expense details
- Employer's name and contact details
- Your email address
Frequently asked questions
Application & activation
Your credit limit
Managing your account
Shopping at Apple
Are you an existing Gem CreditLine customer?
If you have a Gem CreditLine card, and don’t want to switch to a Gem Visa, don’t worry - your card will still work at over 2000 retailers around New Zealand to access long term interest free deals.
- Credit and lending criteria, $55 establishment fee and $52 annual account fee apply. Prevailing interest rate (currently 25.99% p.a.) applies after 6 months.
- Long term interest free offers may vary. Available at participating retailers to approved applicants only. Conditions, fees and charges apply.
- Provided you pay the ‘Payment to reduce further interest’ amount shown in your monthly statement by the payment due date.
- Rates and fees are effective as of 31 March 2016 and are subject to change.
If there’s a fraudulent transaction on your Gem Visa, you will not be held liable if you:
- have not contributed to the loss
- notified us promptly of the theft, loss or misuse
- have followed the Gem Visa Conditions of Use