Why choose Repayment Protection Insurance?
Peace of mind, all the way
Be ready for what life throws at you – if you lose your job or get sick - protect your loan from these unexpected events.1
Quick and easy application
Add insurance when you apply for your loan.
2 payments in 1
Premium added to your loan amount so you only have one regular repayment.
You’ll always pay the same regardless of your age, job or medical history.
Tailor your plan with one or more of the following covers
If you get sick or injured and can’t work for more than 14 days, we’ll cover your repayments up to $1,500 per month until you can return to work.
If you lose your job through no fault of your own, perhaps you are made redundant, we can cover your repayments up to $1,500 per month until you find a job or for a maximum of 6 months.1
If you pass away or become terminally ill, we’ll pay off your remaining balance up to $50,000.1
1 For details and exclusions, see Policy.
Protecting yourself is easy
Give us a call
Phone us on 0800 422 898 to get started or find out more.
Apply for a loan
Complete a personal loan application form in approximately 10 minutes.
Apply for insurance during the loan application process.
Need to make a claim?
Frequently Asked Questions
Repayment Protection Insurance is completely optional, so you can cancel it at any time. You can cancel the entire policy, or components of the cover, and obtain a premium refund for the unused portion of the period of insurance.
If you cancel within the cooling-off period within 30 days of the start date of your loan, you can cancel the policy and obtain a full premium refund, without charge, by writing to us. However, you cannot obtain a refund if you have made a claim. The refund will be applied to your Loan.You can also cancel the policy at any time after the cooling-off period by writing to us. The cancellation takes effect from the day when we receive your request, and you may be entitled to a refund of premium for the unused portion of the period of insurance. The refund will be applied to the Loan account to reduce the outstanding balance.
The policy ends (and we stop paying benefits) when the first of the following occurs:
- the period of insurance expires,
- the Loan ends, or is paid out, discharged or refinanced, the policy is cancelled either by you, by us, or by the credit provider,
- you no longer live in New Zealand (unless we agree to continue the policy),
- we pay the maximum benefit under the policy.
We believe that making an insurance claim should be easy and hassle-free. To make a claim you can:
- Submit your claim online or you can download, complete and send the claim form back to us; or
- Call us on 0800 220 999 and depending on the circumstances you may be able to submit your claim over the phone, or we can send a claim form to you. You must submit your claim to us as soon as you can and we’ll tell you what additional information we may need to support your claim.
We understand that if you make a claim you will want to get it sorted out quickly, and we are committed to providing a high level of service. If your claim is successful and approved, we will make claim payments to your Loan account within 3 business days.