Credit Card insurance - existing policy holders
Existing policy holders can find product information below. Note, we are not currently issuing new policies.
Don’t miss out on a bargain
If one of your eligible purchases drops in price within 6 months at the same store, we’ll refund the difference1.
Repair, refund, replace
We'll cover the cost of any eligible purchases that are lost, stolen or damaged within 6 months of purchase (excludes Gem CreditLine)1.
Can’t pay? Don’t stress
We’ll be there to help if you find yourself unemployed or seriously ill, up to $50001.
If your card is reported stolen
We'll pay $200 to your account just for the inconvenience (excludes Gem CreditLine)1.
1 Terms, conditions and some exclusion apply. See the Product Information Brochure and Policy for the respective cards below for full details, including details of limits that apply to the cover. The insurance is issued by Hallmark Life Insurance Company Ltd. and Hallmark General Insurance Company Ltd. (incorporated in Australia and operating in New Zealand).
Frequently Asked Questions
Credit Card Insurance is completely optional, so you can cancel it at any time. You can cancel your policy by calling us on 0800 220 999 or writing to us, and we will stop debiting the premium to your account. The cancellation takes effect from the end of the statement period for your card account during which we receive your cancellation request.
The policy will cease automatically when any of the following events occur:
- your credit card account is terminated or cancelled
- you are in default on your credit card account and you have not remedied that default when asked to do so
- you cease to be a New Zealand resident
- we pay the maximum policy benefit of $20,000 the policy is cancelled by you or by us
- the policy is cancelled by you or by us
- you die.
We believe that making an insurance claim should be easy and hassle-free. To make a claim you can:
- Submit your claim online or you can download, complete and send the claim form back to us; or
- Call us on 0800 220 999 and depending on the circumstances you may be able to submit your claim over the phone, or we can send a claim form to you. You must submit your claim to us as soon as you can and we’ll tell you what additional information we may need to support your claim.
We understand that if you make a claim you will want to get it sorted out quickly, and we are committed to providing a high level of service. If your claim is successful and approved, we will make claim payments to your Credit Card account within 3 business days.